ARCHITECT Part III
Would you like to get involved in highly sustainable, original, crafted projects in beautiful rural locations?
Austin Design Works is a practice of Chartered Architects and Landscape Architects, based in Nailsworth, Gloucestershire. The business has been established in the area for over 20 years. They are looking for a talented Architect to join the team ideally to start immediately at the practice based in the beautiful Cotswolds.
The workload is varied and exciting – deep retrofit, Passivhaus co-housing design, sports facilities and open spaces as well as listed buildings and high-end houses.
The ideal candidate must be an experienced Part III Architect and be able to demonstrate experience of leading projects in all stages including construction contract administration. They will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have the ability to deliver bespoke architectural projects throughout all work stages.
ADW provide a supportive environment in which to work, develop skills and experience and historically have provided good opportunities for promotion within the business. ADW is committed to addressing the Climate and Biodiversity Emergency and apply sustainable principles to all their projects across the private residential and commercial sectors. They are a rural practice with projects locally as well as throughout the Midlands and South West.
- A minimum of a RIBA Part III Architecture qualification
- Well organised, target focused and able to hit deadlines
- The ability to create fee proposals, working strictly within budgets
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to be able to quickly build rapport with clients, consultants, contractors and planners
- Strong graphic skills, design and creativity
- Drawing both by hand and CAD
- Confident use of the MS Office suite, Vectorworks and Adobe graphics programmes
- In depth awareness and knowledge of UK building methods and standards with an affinity for sustainable and ecological construction and an interest in craftsmanship
- Demonstrable sound knowledge of the UK construction industry and its planning and legal framework
- An ability and willingness to provide expert guidance and mentoring to Part 1 and 2 assistant architects
- Genuine team player – willing to actively support colleagues in a small practice, to sometimes take a lead role and to contribute to our practice culture
- Experience of working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience of working across multiple sectors, including residential
- Experience of working with BIM
- Passivhaus Designer qualification
- 3D Vectorworks
- Confidence in contract management
- Experience of delegating and quality assuring work of junior team members
This is a fulltime position. Salary is negotiable based on experience. Last date for applications is 4th March 2022.
Please send the following details via email to email@example.com
- CV and Covering letter stating why you wish to work with ADW (including your current salary details) how your previous experience will enable you to successfully contribute to the practice and clearly demonstrating how you meet the essential and desirable requirements
- A brief portfolio max.10MB
- If you have any queries please call Matt Austin, Director, on 07811951646