The Department of Communities and Local Government has published proposals to slash the options for housing construction standards to be set above and beyond the Building Regulations. Lined up for the executioner’s bullet are the Merton Rule, Code for Sustainable Homes, Lifetime Homes and more. In this Soapbox James Livingstone laments the threatened loss of opportunities to drive up building standards, and urges fellow AECB members to join him in lobbying government not to throw the ecological baby out with the bureacratic bathwater.
Please post any comments regarding this article on our forum here – (members only and you will need to be logged in).
|Don't Let Them Put Our Enviornmental Standards on the Red Tape Bonfire!||Download|
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_originating_url] Orginating URL
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_year_of_publication] Year of publication
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_document_type] Document accessibility
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_publishing_region] Relevant region
- 1330 Times downloaded
- 216.88 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- 24 September 2013 Creation Date
- 25 September 2019 Last Updated