- This event has passed.
An Introduction to Sustainable Building Practices
July 22, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
This session, run by trainer Lucy Pedler of The Green Register, is designed to outline the basic principles of sustainable building.
Topics to include:
– Global issues
– National issues including key legislation (present and future) such as Part L, MEES etc.
– Essential definitions
– Key issues relating to heat loss:
– Solid wall insulation; IWI & EWI
– Roof and floor insulation
– Thermal mass
– Windows & doors
– Moisture movement, airtightness, indoor air quality and ventilation
– Low carbon technologies
– Interior finishes, wellbeing & healthy buildings
– Reducing water use
– Materials and reducing waste
– Heritage issues
- July 22, 2021
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm