Go to Forum Home Building Services Electric Boiler in Passive house calculations.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am using PHPP to calculate the heating requirements for a new build affordable housing project in a remote island rural location with access to hydro electric. Gas and oil have to be tankered in by ferry. For this reason, the use of electric water heating plus solar thermal, over gas or oil is preferable. How can this best be represented in the planning package? I am using PHPP2007.

It was felt by the client that a log burner would be surplus to requirement…power cuts being short and infrequent nowadays, but i would also be interested for tactical advice on that front.

Ok, have been advised that the boiler option should be blank and the entry is made in the electricity sheet. Would still be interested in experience of power cuts in passive houses. Looking at this blog http://pennyandmartin.wordpress.com/2013/12/07/what-happens-when-theres-a-power-cut/ , but more examples would be great, esp those without stoves.

If the electricity is hydro why does it have solar w.h.?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.