Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Hi. Chatting to several people one comment is that while the Passive House+ looks very good and is well produced it does have too much emphasis on articles featuring the energy use of one off houses and in the end these get a bit tiresome. It would be good to have more technical articles on materials, health, air quality and other environmental building issues.
      Looking forward to seeing how the webinar works.

Dear Geoff

I very much agree with this. I find it a bit frustrating that issues which used to be discussed in its pages now never feature. Instead one may see a series of modernist buildings in suburban and semi-rural Ireland.

It’s a bit like featuring more thermally-efficient versions of the projects in Self Build and Design. These too are the type of housing that is only affordable to a relatively select group of the UK population.

I was about to suggest to Andy and Sally that people who find the magazine a bit tedious should be allowed to volunteer for a slightly reduced membership charge in exchange for receiving PH+ online-only. That potentially benefits the AECB because the marginal printing and postage costs of a mag. are significant. It reduces paper usage too. I don’t know if anyone else thinks likewise.

BTW, the forum is less easy to use than it was and also appears to have far fewer regular users, incl me. I realise that this may be because of security precautions.

Cheers

David.

I have to say I’ve been very impressed with PH+.

I personally would appreciate a little more technical detail, specifically on retrofits, but the problem is always going to be that different readers have different interests. Some people will like the architecture bling and I think it’s important some of it, at least, is retained.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.