John Renshaw Architects is looking for an experienced Architectural Technologist / Technician or Architect with experience in either historic building conservation and/or low energy, environment conscious design to join our design studio in Edinburgh.
- CIAT registered or equivalent or ARB registered Architect or equivalent
- Passivhaus Designer qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience in both retrofit and new build with sustainable design focus
- CAD expert including Vectorworks, SketchUp & PHPP
- A full UK/European driving license
- Excellent spoken and written English.
The studio is focused on projects that drive innovation in sustainability and it is important that all members of the team have a passion for conservation and low energy design with a strong desire to have a positive impact on society and protect and enhance the environment and its biodiversity. The position also requires:
- Excellent project management skills
- The ability to integrate successfully into a small team (flexibility & adaptability in the role)
- Conscientious and thorough – good attention to detail is critical
- Passionate and proactive with a positive can-do attitude.
Salary: Negotiable dependant on experience
Holidays: 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays (Pro rata)
How to apply: Please send your CV/portfolio with a covering email to -email@example.com
Deadline: 7th May 2021
We are looking for someone who is passionate about conservation and has a strong understanding how to build, a practical understanding of building in an appropriate way to the location of our projects and a flair for creative and detailed design in addition to being able to develop projects from feasibility, planning and working drawings through to completion. Other essential skills include;
- Knowledge of industry standards including UK building regulations and standards
- Good construction and detailing skills
- A flair and passion for sustainable Architecture
- Excellent CAD skills and BIM understanding
If you have a passion for these and believe you can add something to this talented team we would really like to hear from you.