We are very glad to announce that our AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Coordination course has become part of a partially funded programme to gain a Level 5 Diploma in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Assessment. This qualification is for those wishing to become an accredited Retrofit Coordinator. The funding is currently available for those who reside in England.
We have conducted a pilot with Synergy Training Centre. Synergy Training is an independent centre (registered with the ABBE awarding body to offer the Level 5 Diploma qualification), that can recognise our course content as appropriate learning (Recognised Prior Learning – RPL), and then supplement it with the Level 5 assessments, top up tutoring and certification elements.
The feedback from the pilot RPL students has been very positive. As such, the centre applied to be part of a funding bid, to offer the combination of our course followed by their RPL accreditation phase to students partially funded.
The student contribution towards this partially funded route to accreditation will be just £695 for new students (for the whole programme: AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Coordination course + RPL accreditation phase) or £399 for existing students/graduates of our Coordination course.
Our AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Coordination course is ~ 105 online learning hours, and the follow-on accreditation phase is then ~ 35 hours.
The separate RPL accreditation phase that follows on from our course includes:
- Enrolling with the independent centre, called Synergy Training Centre, and ABBE awarding body.
- Registration for this programme will be administered by Trade Engine Ltd, which is the delivery partner that is providing the partial funding, as selected by the Midlands Net-Zero Hub, for the Government’s Home Decarbonisation Skills Training Competition (Phase 2).
- Taking part in ~ 2 days of live online tutoring in small groups. There can be some flexibility as to what days (or part days) the tutoring takes place, according to the student’s availability.
- Completing the assessment elements, including some written answer questions and a professional discussion.
- In total this amounts to around 35 hours of work.
If you are interested in taking up this opportunity, and reside in England, the first step is to complete this quick form to register your interest with Synergy Training Centre.
This will be followed up by an orientation call with Harshad Patel at Synergy Training Centre, about what’s involved, the ABBE entry requirements, and what the commitments are once signed up via the funding.
This programme is also available to non-members, who would be signed up to a temporary AECB student membership as part of the enrolment process for this partially funded programme.
If you would like to share information about this opportunity with your wider contacts, they can find out all about it on our website.