AECB Training Cited in Government 'Heat and Buildings Strategy'
Addressing the skills gap and meeting demand for upskilling
The AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit course - now renamed as the AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Foundation course - is cited by the UK government as one of the routes for the buildings sector to upskill towards decarbonising buildings and heating, as part of efforts to meet net zero carbon targets.
This is member only training
You need to be an AECB member to access the training, so please join prior to booking the course.
Price to AECB Members £410+VAT.
If you join us as a company, key employees are covered by membership. This can be a cost effective way of training members of staff
Who is this course for?
The AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Foundation training course is an online course, aimed at construction professionals and those whose role involves decision making around retrofit. The course brings together a wealth of knowledge on low energy building retrofit and methodology. To get the most out of taking the full course you will already have good professional knowledge within the construction sector. You will have a serious interest in how to do advanced energy efficient retrofit and be wanting to deepen your understanding of building physics and the risks associated with measures, to enable you to make informed decisions.
Homeowners with a desire to drive their own retrofit projects will also find this course useful. While only the more technically minded will be interested in all the detail, there is much useful knowledge even for those who are less technical.
What you can expect to learn
On this course you will :
- Develop your understanding of heat and moisture in buildings.
- Understand the issues that can arise from the repair, insulation, draught proofing and ventilation of existing buildings (relevant to a wide range of construction based mainly on UK examples of different ages)
- Learn about ways to avoid or manage unintended consequences.
- Find out about investment appraisal methods for retrofit.
Earn 35 Passivhaus Institut (PHI) credit points on successful completion of course
The Passivhaus Institute have agreed that delegates passing the course will be allocated 35 credit points on receiving their certificate. This will be useful to Passivhaus designers/consultants looking to renew and in terms of cost, it is a very competitively priced option compared to other Passivhaus CPD events.
- The direct and indirect benefits of robust retrofit
- Climate zones, local micro-climates and impact of changing weather patterns
- Understanding existing building structures and materials
- Energy and buildings
- Moisture and buildings
- Building services, including ventilation and heat
- Financial appraisal – is retrofit a good investment?
- Case studies
- Read and follow modules at your leisure, to fit around work and other commitments
- There is an online test at the end of most lessons to check your learning
- Communicate with fellow students to discuss learning or to post questions arising from the material on the dedicated on-line forum.
- For each of the core modules there will be a homework task to cover specific retrofit challenges.
- Gain an AECB CarbonLite™ Graduate certificate and also a logo to display e.g. in email footers
- You will need to be an AECB member so please join prior to booking the course.
- The course can be booked and started at any time. The proposed 12 month time span allows for prior commitments like holidays and full time work. Some students will need more time, some less. Everyone has the option to extend access over 12 months for an annual fee of £55 + VAT.
- All material is presented on-line so a reasonable internet connection is required.
- Links to additional reading
- Access to a speaker and microphone may be useful to join webinars (but are not normally essential if your computer has a reasonable speaker and microphone built in).
Feedback on the course
Want to follow on ?
PAS 2035 - Get Retrofit Coordination Ready
The popular and cutting edge AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Foundation training course is being followed up with the AECB CarbonLite™ Retrofit Coordination course.
This will allow students to gain knowledge in Retrofit Coordination and Risk Management.
Like to know more ?