Residential housing design continues to move towards the development of high performance sustainable building systems. To be sustainable, a building must not only be efficient and durable but also economically viable. From this, new methods of enclosure design have been examined that provide high thermal performance and long-term durability but also take opportunities to reduce material use (including waste), simplify or integrate systems and details, and potentially reduce overall initial costs of construction.
One concept relating to enclosure design is to incorporate the use exterior foam insulating sheathing into the construction of the wall assembly. As with any building enclosure system, appropriate detailing for the management of water, vapor, and energy transfer are necessary.
|Guide to Insulating Sheathing|
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_originating_url] Orginating URL
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_year_of_publication] Year of publication
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_document_type] Document accessibility
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_publishing_region] Relevant region
- 209 Times downloaded
- 1.56 MB File Size
- 1 File Count
- 4 February 2015 Creation Date
- 25 September 2019 Last Updated