Here we outline a 12-step program for contractors and design teams to assist them in delivering airtight buildings. The UK construction industry needs to adapt and develop, otherwise contractors and others will continue to face significant difficulties, delays and additional costs. Airtightness is a key element to the design and delivery of low energy buildings.
Paul Jennings of Aldas is the most experienced airtightness tester and consultant in the UK, with over 30 years’ experience. He has been an an AECB member for over 15 years and a Trustee for much of that time. He is also a Director of the UK Cohousing Network.
|Aldas 12 Steps to Airtightness Document - May 2020.pdf|
|ALDAS Airtightness Champions Presentation for web site - The Role of the Airtightness Champion - Sept 2013|
|ALDAS 12 Steps to Airtightness Presentation for web site - March 2012.pdf|
|Aldas Larch House Acceptance Airtightness Test Report for web site - May 2020.pdf|
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_originating_url] Orginating URL
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_year_of_publication] Year of publication
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_document_type] Document accessibility
- [acf_PublicationInformation_knowl_meta_publishing_region] Relevant region
- 92 Times downloaded
- 4.55 MB File Size
- 4 File Count
- 11 May 2020 Creation Date
- 26 March 2021 Last Updated