Go to Forum Home Building Services Passivhaus ventilation: It’s not a lot of hot air

• This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KATE DE SELINCOURT
      Participant

Mark Siddall's article 'Passivhaus ventilation: It’s not a lot of hot air' can be downloaded from here http://aecb.net/news/2012/03/passivhaus-ventilation-its-not-a-lot-of-hot-air/.

Please feel free to comment or ask additional questions here.

Greengauge
        Participant

Sue Roaf are you listening?!

Anonymous

Mark has done a fine job in explaining HRV's but lets please remember that they were invented, in Canada (I am from Winnipeg), to satisfy 2 things, one to supply fresh air in a “tightly” built home (while extracting stale and polluted air) and the 2nd to control the humidity levels in structures that are susceptible to rotting (wood structures).

Indeed. I've just looked at some figures which suggest to me that a Canadian HRV of ~1979 was as energy-efficient – i.e. it had as low a specific fanpower – as the best available today in Germany. Why no great progress?

I think most people in Germany would acknowledge that Canada had the Saskatchewan Conservation House long before they had the Passivhaus Standard.

Anonymous

a Canadian HRV of ~1979 was as energy-efficient – i.e. it had as low a specific fanpower – as the best available today in Germany. Why no great progress?

I'm quite surprised by that, and impressed, since I thought that electric motor technology had moved on significantly in the last thirty years. Do you have source document(s) for the technology, please?

Viewing 4 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.