Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Can anyone recommend a good eco-plumber in North London, preferrably someone who knows what they're doing with solar thermal systems?

Anonymous

Didn't know there was such a thing as a “good” let alone “good eco” plumber…

Anonymous

There is. Honest. I know a couple….

Anonymous

Well next time I need one, I'll be asking you

Andy Mitchell
              Participant

There definitely are good, conscientous and eco plumbers (modestly, I think I used to be one), but all the ones I know are in Yorkshire! Have to admit that there are a large number who give the trade a very bad name though!

Anonymous

I think I used to be one

What stopped you? There's a huge gap in the market for decent plumbers, especially Darn Sarf

Anonymous

BTW Chris, any chance of adding us to your links directory (you're already in ours) I would have emailed or PM'd yoyu this request but can't see your email address or a messaging facility.

Anonymous

Try Barry on 01420 538 482.

Anonymous

Try JP on 02082414336. He's not a plumber, he's an eco-designer, but he also runs a small building firm and knows a lot of good tradespeople.

Anonymous

I'm working in East Sussex, and folk still seem pretty careful 'bout brass! It's true that you don't make an awful lot of money. The difference between being a tradesman who makes a load of dosh and one who just makes a reasonable living is – are you happy to cut corners, not work a minute over what's been budgeted for, and walk away from a job knowing it's just OK? Or are you prepared to not be so profitable for the satisfaction of knowing that every job you do has been done to the best standard and will last a long time? I think that an older generation of tradesmen tended to value the satisfaction of real craftmanship much more (or is that just fake golden-age nostalgia?) whereas in the modern building trade there are a lot more people chasing the fast buck, from sole traders right through to big firms.

Viewing 9 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.